For those battling heroin addiction, finding a way out can feel nearly impossible. Heroin rehab programs in Fort Worth, Texas, are available to provide comprehensive support for heroin addiction, but the key is reaching out for help. Most importantly, it is crucial to find a heroin rehab program that fits each person’s unique needs.
If you are struggling with heroin addiction, we can help. At Fort Behavioral Health, we offer a wide range of tools, resources, and supportive services to give you every necessary component of treatment to help you overcome your addiction.
Heroin is such an addictive drug that most people are unable to stop on their own. In fact, heroin can create a powerful dependence, which is a condition in which a person cannot stop using drugs or alcohol without feeling intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Drugs like heroin change the brain’s chemistry, triggering the reward center. As a result, if you are addicted to heroin, your brain is wired to seek out the drug.
However, heroin rehab programs can give you the tools to overcome heroin addiction. These programs can:
- Provide medications to help control cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Offer education so you understand the symptoms of addiction that you have
- Give you access to treatment for the physical damage addiction causes, allowing your body to heal
- Provide medications to help treat the underlying mental health conditions present that may be making it hard for you to stop using
- Equip you with the confidence and resources to help you avoid relapse in the future
Therapy Options During Heroin Rehab
How do you get these benefits of treatment? They come from the therapy you’ll receive during your time within heroin addiction treatment programs. Psychotherapy, sometimes called talk therapy, is an effective method of working through the changes addiction creates in the brain. It gives you insight into how to move beyond addiction.
Some of the therapy programs we offer that may help in this way include these:
- EMDR therapy programs – This type of therapy is ideal for those who have a past trauma in their lives that could be limiting their ability to move beyond drugs and alcohol. It is an effective and safe manner for breaking the control that trauma has on your life today.
- Motivational interviewing programs – Motivational interviewing is a bit more complex. It is meant to help encourage a person to engage more in therapy by providing them with motivation to do so.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This therapy specifically targets people’s negative thought processes that often lead to negative decisions and behaviors. You’ll learn how to control those thoughts.
- 12-Step program – Some people benefit from this program, which follows a process of 12 steps to work through forgiveness and changing behaviors.
- Dialectical behavior therapy – Dialectical behavior therapy allows you to break free from addiction by learning to live in the moment and developing healthy ways for managing anxiety and stress.
What You Can Expect from Fort Behavioral Health
If you are in the San Antonio area and seeking treatment, reach out to our team. Heroin does not have to control your future. With a wide range of rehab programs, we can give you access to the tools you need to overcome challenges. We encourage you to explore these programs as they are a good starting point for long-term recovery:
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Residential treatment program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Veterans treatment program
- Heroin specific treatment program
Invest in Yourself by Contacting Fort Behavioral Health
Heroin rehab programs create opportunities for healing and long-term recovery. To get started on that path, contact Fort Behavioral Health. Our dedicated team of highly trained professionals wants to help you enroll in our heroin addiction treatment programs. Call 833.578.0727 or reach out online today to begin the admissions process.